Skip to main content

Making friends

Sunday we went to the pool where we got to know the neighbours a little better. They had been two days shopping in Hua Hin and just came back. Their kids are a little older but enjoy just making friends. Sten - the youngest little villain became their "Top-King" who ruled the others.

We had lunch at Mrs Umporn's. The restaurant was full when we came and whilst waiting, Sten found his own playing corner in the shade behind the massage stands. Just a little later, the  neighbours joined us there. The waves were too high for Sten but he was happy where he was and Axel could go swimming with the neighbour's company. I decided to go for a massage on the beach. It was wonderful.

Sten had a real lucky day: First taking of his shoulder puffs while in the pool claiming "I caaan swim" (but he really can't, not much at all actually). Later he wanted to see if his new RC car could stand water by wetting down the porch completely and drive it in the wet (luckily it could). Later when hurrying to the loo he ran straight through the porch netted door so it fell down whole. One can say he really tried out the limits that day.

When taking a break from sun and swimming, kids hang on our porch, playing cards and with toys and lego.






Our shoes this year: 
Mathias is still away but he left his new "hoppatofflor" . I use the flip-flips that Oko sent me, they are great. Sten bought a new pair exactly like the ones he had the first year.





We had dinner at "I am" a new, cheap restaurant down my Mr Klea's. The food was fine, no chili whatsoever ( I had to ask for extra dry chili) BUT the pancakes were fantastic. We ate with neighbours (again!).

We visited the Sunday market for some sticky rice in banana leaves, bananas, egg&merengue flakes. The fishlady asked for Mathias and when I said Koh Samui, it seemed that she understood.


~

Monday 21st- the last day on my own with the kids here this year as we planned. Grandparents come next day, and Mathias the day after. It has really been OK to be here on my own. Not so much adult company, especially the nights get lonely so instead I did some work, I had been in contact with colleagues via e-mail and even through Skype. Everything works fine from here

Immigration picked up our passport copies that were obliged to turn in. What for, we do not know, but it seems that they want to control whoever stays in this area. We have Visa so they should know about us, who we are and where we stay anyway.

In the daytime I took the kids to "@ Sea" and we played on the beach for an hour or more. I still remember last year when the restaurant was full of people and the food took over 2 hours from order to serving. Finally the waitress came literally running with our rice. But that was last year, much looked the same but it was not as crowded as last time.

Sten in the hang mat


Axel enjoying some time in the sund, reading "Lord of the rings"



We had dinner at Tamarind once more, close to home with one complementary ice cream scoop. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final days on Koh Tao

After the second birthday cake of the year, the one for my birthday, we had no plans. We could go to Bangkok or south to Hua Hin or Huay Yang. Mathias wanted to take Axel diving or snorkeling, so we decided to go to Koh Tao. Could be fun showing the kids where mom and dad had been so many times. Took an early ferry Friday, a day with no wind (1m/s). The Lompraya pier in Chumpon Since decision was made quite hastily, we had an interesting journey to Chumpon. First one taxi to Huay Yang where we planned to have dinner at Maew's, but Maew's was closed. She was there since they have a shop which was open.  However, they don't serve food. She has lost a lot of weight and seem to be really sick, so I guess that is why. We had to eat so we went on to "Blå stolarna". A little tricky since they don't speak much English. Mathias got a ride with the nearby hairdresser back to Maew's to wait for the taxi driver. I ate with the kids in the meantime. No taxi came ...

Happy New Year 2015!

Today was Axels 7th birthday! I can't believe how much he has grown. He sure isn't that little boy anymore.  Last night we went to Kaew's restaurant for New Year's Party. Sten fell asleep at 8.30. We did some more drinks and desserts and headed back home one hour later. The food was good and we could have had 5 free drinks on the ticket but we did not manage that, as you probably understand. Kaew did not have as big a party as last year. Maybe people choose the beach (Jack's, Nong Pu's or some new place this year?) Last year it was crowded.  She had the girls doing traditional thai dancing like last year, very impressive and very cute. I will upload picture later. ( I still haven't found a way of charging my camera's battery so I am relying on Axel and Mathias's photos whenever I get a hold of them. Took one with the tablet though, of my sweet boys! Today we went to Black Mountain Water Park like previous years to celebrate Axel's birth...

Ayara hotel beach

So awesome going 10 meters from breakfast restaurant down to the Ayara hotel beach.  http://www.ayara-villas.com