Skip to main content

Celebrations are over

This year, we did not buy any tickets to the New Years celebration. Instead we went to dinner with neighbours at a place called "Jut". It is a nice family restaurant right behind the "plastic store". We spent the rest of the evening waiting for time to pass playing "10 000" ( a 6 dice game) and talking.  The kids were allowed to be up as long as they wished, however, they were a little grumpy after 10 so we promised to wake them up for the fireworks. I was really tired myself and went to bed instead.

January 1st was Axels 8th birthday and he had invited our neighbours and two other boys in Orchid 6 to play in the pool and have party. He received some small gifts. This year his present is (as last years) that we go to Black Mountain but he also got a small amount from grandparents, a thai-jacket that he chose himself in the market, some lego and candy. I did not manage to get a hold of a cake like I did the last couple of years. We will throw a party for him when we get back to Sweden instead!

January 3rd I turned 42. I woke up early, before 6 o´ clock, and went down to the beach on my own in the morning to watch the sunrise.




I met our neighbours who helped in taking this photograph of me.



Some green cute mini shells



Crowded at the beach, northside? 



Crowded at the beach, southside? Foot prints can tell however that there has been activity already, dogs and people. About 7 o'clock.



I selected Maew's for lunch and afterwards we headed to Thap Sakhe bakery to get some cake. It was fun and tasty. The marketplace was in full activity since it was Sunday and a little later in the afternoon this time. Whilst kids played in the attractions: Radio cars, studsmatta, hoppborg, carousel, trains etc I went through the marketplace alone, all alone. They sell fried insects, orchids & plants, clothes, toys, interior decorations, there are lottery stands and of course lots and lots of foods and drinks.

I got a hold of two skirts, not knowing what the appropriate time to wear them might be. Nevertheless:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final days on Koh Tao

After the second birthday cake of the year, the one for my birthday, we had no plans. We could go to Bangkok or south to Hua Hin or Huay Yang. Mathias wanted to take Axel diving or snorkeling, so we decided to go to Koh Tao. Could be fun showing the kids where mom and dad had been so many times. Took an early ferry Friday, a day with no wind (1m/s). The Lompraya pier in Chumpon Since decision was made quite hastily, we had an interesting journey to Chumpon. First one taxi to Huay Yang where we planned to have dinner at Maew's, but Maew's was closed. She was there since they have a shop which was open.  However, they don't serve food. She has lost a lot of weight and seem to be really sick, so I guess that is why. We had to eat so we went on to "Blå stolarna". A little tricky since they don't speak much English. Mathias got a ride with the nearby hairdresser back to Maew's to wait for the taxi driver. I ate with the kids in the meantime. No taxi came ...

Happy New Year 2015!

Today was Axels 7th birthday! I can't believe how much he has grown. He sure isn't that little boy anymore.  Last night we went to Kaew's restaurant for New Year's Party. Sten fell asleep at 8.30. We did some more drinks and desserts and headed back home one hour later. The food was good and we could have had 5 free drinks on the ticket but we did not manage that, as you probably understand. Kaew did not have as big a party as last year. Maybe people choose the beach (Jack's, Nong Pu's or some new place this year?) Last year it was crowded.  She had the girls doing traditional thai dancing like last year, very impressive and very cute. I will upload picture later. ( I still haven't found a way of charging my camera's battery so I am relying on Axel and Mathias's photos whenever I get a hold of them. Took one with the tablet though, of my sweet boys! Today we went to Black Mountain Water Park like previous years to celebrate Axel's birth...

Ayara hotel beach

So awesome going 10 meters from breakfast restaurant down to the Ayara hotel beach.  http://www.ayara-villas.com