This week would go to history as our "do nothing week". I can't really recall what we have done. I haven't taken any particularily interesting photos. Our days are getting repetetive- pool or beach, lunch, Sten's afternoon rest and then market to buy food.
Monday we went to a faraway beach near the Huay Yang camping ground. It has cabins for rent and tenting areas. The beach seems deserted and rocky. In the hill behind there is a nature trail. The shortest is 6 km and we are not thinking of taking the kids there... at least not without knowing more of what it is like. They say on the signs that it will take approx 3hrs, but the maps indicate that it is not uphill so that sounds unlikely. After beach we ate fruits that Mathias had prepared: Mangosteen, pineapple, tangerines, banana. There are so much delicious types of fruit here... And there is one stinky one: Durian. We bought it at the market, had it cut up and ate it at home. I could not really taste it as the smell was too unpleasant. Other fruits we have tried out are Longan, Long Kon Rambutan aka "furry berries" , Cherimoya, Rose Apple, Pomelo and different kinds of bananas (ladyfingers, egg-bananas, platanos) and tangerines. Our all time favorite is the ripe mango.
Tuesday was sunny and nice so we had a day at the beach. In the afternoon Mathias went fishing. This time he was lucky and caught something similar to an eel. The thai fishermen that helped him landing it, were careful in their handling of it and indicated he had better throw it back. Our little explorer Axel. has been around the Jasmine houses and got a tip from another Swede: Use squid instead of shrimp as it will stay longer on the hook and prevent fish from just nibbling on it. Next time maybe!
Wednesday was rainy so both Mathias and Axel got a haircut.
In the afternoon we went to the Wednesday market that is across the freeway from here. It is always quite an adventure crossing it and nervwrecking when bringing the kids.
Friday we went to the morning market for the first time, and found it a little more interesting than the other afternoon markets. It is nice being up and about in the morning and not walking through the stands in the afternoon heat. Mathias bought two shirts that fit him nicely. I have started to give Axel 10 baht each time we go to the market and he saves it in his purse. It gives him a sense of money's worth, and also some fun in getting to chose for himself. Friday night Mathias took Axel fishing on the pier and I had a Mai Thai while feeding Sten some rice and noodle soup at Jacks nearby. Sten has finally gotten used to the temperature and gained the weight he seemed to lose the first couple of weeks. It is still tricky feeding him, but we are figuring out his preferences bit by bit. I am so thankful that he loves rice.
The weekend has been rainy on and off so we have mostly hung around the pool. On Mondays we need to be out of the house in the afternoon to not be in the way of the maid. Since it was raining we went to Tescolotus like old mall rats... It was fun and not as stressful as the first time. I bought a rc-car for Axel and we had cappucino icecream at Dairy Queen. I also think I have found out that the dresses I bought are night gowns. Well anyway... They are cute and now that I have them I'll be wearing them. I am sure the village people here are used to farangs wearing funny clothes.
Monday we went to a faraway beach near the Huay Yang camping ground. It has cabins for rent and tenting areas. The beach seems deserted and rocky. In the hill behind there is a nature trail. The shortest is 6 km and we are not thinking of taking the kids there... at least not without knowing more of what it is like. They say on the signs that it will take approx 3hrs, but the maps indicate that it is not uphill so that sounds unlikely. After beach we ate fruits that Mathias had prepared: Mangosteen, pineapple, tangerines, banana. There are so much delicious types of fruit here... And there is one stinky one: Durian. We bought it at the market, had it cut up and ate it at home. I could not really taste it as the smell was too unpleasant. Other fruits we have tried out are Longan, Long Kon Rambutan aka "furry berries" , Cherimoya, Rose Apple, Pomelo and different kinds of bananas (ladyfingers, egg-bananas, platanos) and tangerines. Our all time favorite is the ripe mango.
Tuesday was sunny and nice so we had a day at the beach. In the afternoon Mathias went fishing. This time he was lucky and caught something similar to an eel. The thai fishermen that helped him landing it, were careful in their handling of it and indicated he had better throw it back. Our little explorer Axel. has been around the Jasmine houses and got a tip from another Swede: Use squid instead of shrimp as it will stay longer on the hook and prevent fish from just nibbling on it. Next time maybe!
In the afternoon we went to the Wednesday market that is across the freeway from here. It is always quite an adventure crossing it and nervwrecking when bringing the kids.
Friday we went to the morning market for the first time, and found it a little more interesting than the other afternoon markets. It is nice being up and about in the morning and not walking through the stands in the afternoon heat. Mathias bought two shirts that fit him nicely. I have started to give Axel 10 baht each time we go to the market and he saves it in his purse. It gives him a sense of money's worth, and also some fun in getting to chose for himself. Friday night Mathias took Axel fishing on the pier and I had a Mai Thai while feeding Sten some rice and noodle soup at Jacks nearby. Sten has finally gotten used to the temperature and gained the weight he seemed to lose the first couple of weeks. It is still tricky feeding him, but we are figuring out his preferences bit by bit. I am so thankful that he loves rice.
The weekend has been rainy on and off so we have mostly hung around the pool. On Mondays we need to be out of the house in the afternoon to not be in the way of the maid. Since it was raining we went to Tescolotus like old mall rats... It was fun and not as stressful as the first time. I bought a rc-car for Axel and we had cappucino icecream at Dairy Queen. I also think I have found out that the dresses I bought are night gowns. Well anyway... They are cute and now that I have them I'll be wearing them. I am sure the village people here are used to farangs wearing funny clothes.
Comments